A distinct mechanism of action
How does Xiapex work?
Xiapex contains a combination of two types of collagenase that work in a complimentary manner to dissolve the types of collagen that are predominantly present in the Dupuytren’s contracture. The two distinct collagenases are isolated and purified from the bacterium Clostridium histolyticum.1
Xiapex - mode of action1
- Xiapex uses a precise enzymatic action that dissolves collagen in the Dupuytren’s cord.
- Two types of collagenase (AUX-I and AUX-II) act on the types of collagen (Class I and Class III) that are predominant in the Dupuytren’s cord.
- AUX-I cleaves the terminal ends of the collagen chain, while AUX-II cleaves the interior segment of the collagen chain.
- These two types of collagenase work in a complementary manner to disrupt the Dupuytren’s cord.
- Xiapex Summary of Product Characteristics.